Whew! What a busy week we had Cole celebrated his 11th birthday on Friday. I can't believe it's been that long! We had 10 kids over for a slumber party. The other parents tell me I'm absolutely nuts to do this but it's actually ALOT of fun and I know Cole appreciates the effort. His theme this year was Star Wars. I make a really cute R2D2 cake for him. The cake making is my favorite part of the preparations. We've done some fun cakes over the years. Zane's last one was Lightning Maqueen and it was awesome! Gracie's 1st birthday cake was a daisy. The babies spent Friday night with Grandma and Grandpa "Timo" and Saturday Grandma and Grandpa "Sammy" came for a visit and brought Cole a gift. Later all three kids went to the movies with Grandma and Grandpa "JoJo" and then spent that night with them. This gave me a much needed night to recooperate from all the fun hahaha.
If you are wondering where the grandparents got their nicknames from they were given to them by Cole at about age 2. He named his Grandma and Grandpa Nielsen after their siamese cat Sammy who has since passed away. Later he decided Grandma and Grandpa Blechert should be named after their Shih Tzu "Timo" they inherited from his uncle Curtis. Grandpa and Grandma Johnson didn't have any pets so they were named after Grandma JoDee. Funny how kids come up with these things!

No comments:
Post a Comment